The short answer to this question is YES! Now let’s talk about why it’s the right financial decision to invest in replacement windows in your home.
- It’s time: Your older windows are more than likely in need of some TLC. Having older windows can decrease the value of your house, as well as cost you money. If you have any windows that have a broken glass or broken latches, have a draft or don’t block the sun or the heat from getting into your house, then it’s time to replace your windows! Replacing any of these kinds of window issues can solve a lot of problems, like cooling your house down and helping prevent any break-ins.
- Your Energy Bill is High:When you have a drafty window, it can cause your energy bill to spike by up to 25%, according to gov. When you replace your windows with a more energy-efficient solution, you can keep your house more comfortable in a more affordable way. Upgrading your windows will allow buyers to have more of a reason to buy.
- You Just Went Through Hurricane Season:Living in areas that experience a tropical storm means you are more likely to have damage done to your windows. During these seasons, your windows can suffer problems from humidity and wind. Replacing these windows before you sell will give potential buyers peace of mind about the home they’re purchasing.
- You’re Renovating an Older Home: When you’re renovating an older home, it’s a right call to get your windows upgraded. Having newer windows in an older house won’t take away from the overall look of the home and will keep potential buyers at ease about their historic house.
- You Want to Upgrade Your Home: When you’re trying to put your home on the market, it’s a good idea to give your windows a boost. Upgrading the windows in your home are a sure way to increase the home’s value and make the house more profitable.