If you are looking for better-quality, energy-efficient windows, argon gas windows are the way to go. Argon gas is used in windows for better energy efficiency and thermal performance. It is often filled between the glass layers in double or triple-pane windows. This reduces heat transfer and enhances the window’s insulating properties.
Argon gas-filled windows offer several benefits, making them popular for improving energy efficiency and comfort. However, you should have them properly installed by an expert and have regular maintenance done to reap the maximum benefits and lifespan.
How Is Argon Gas Used In Windows?
Windows with argon gas filling typically have two or more panes of glass separated by a spacer bar around the edges. The number of glass panes can vary, but two or three are the most common for residential windows. The spacer bar is typically made of metal or other materials, creating a sealed space between the glass panes.
After the glass panes are assembled with the spacer bar, the space between the panes is filled with argon gas. The argon gas is carefully inserted into the space to ensure proper insulation. Once the argon gas is inserted, the window unit is carefully sealed to prevent the gas from escaping. The tight seal is essential to maintaining the insulating properties of the gas.
The Benefits Of Argon Gas Windows
Argon gas windows are an environmentally-friendly option for many homeowners. Our products can provide several benefits, including:
- Improved thermal insulation – Argon gas has a higher density than air, which creates better insulation, reducing heat loss during cold weather and preventing heat gain during hot weather.
- Increased energy efficiency – The improved thermal insulation provided by argon gas-filled windows increases energy efficiency, as less heating and cooling are required to maintain a comfortable indoor environment.
- Reduced condensation – Argon gas filling helps to reduce the likelihood of condensation forming on the inside surface of the windows, which minimizes the potential for moisture-related issues.
- Noise reduction – The additional layer of glass and the insulating properties of argon gas can also reduce the amount of noise that is transferred through the windows.
- UV radiation reduction – Argon gas-filled windows reduce exposure to harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation, which can fade furniture, carpets and other interior materials over time.
Argon gas is non-toxic and non-flammable, which makes it safe and environmentally friendly. It’s important to note that its insulation abilities may decrease over time due to gas leakage. However, this process is typically very slow. Therefore, these windows offer many benefits for many years.
Your Trusted Texas Window Installer
If you are interested in having argon gas windows installed or need home window repair, contact us at Window World TX. We have been providing “Simply the best for less” to Central and South Texas since 1947. Our product provides longevity and quality to thousands of Texas homeowners already. Reach out today to get started!