9 Ways To Update Your Front Porch This Spring
Your porch is your home’s first impression. As winter winds down, you may notice your porch and front entry looking lackluster. Giving your porch a refresh this spring can do wonders for your home’s curb appeal. Make your house look more inviting, well-kept and valuable with these tips from Window World TX.
Whether you’re considering home remodeling ideas or performing an annual spring cleaning, let this guide help you. Update your front porch this spring and see what a difference it can make.
1) Spring Clean
Spring cleaning doesn’t have to be stressful. Even the smallest effort can make a noticeable difference in your porch’s appearance. Here are some spring cleaning suggestions.
- Sweep your porch and front steps.
- Wipe down your front door and beat the dirt out of your welcome mat.
- Clean your window panes, outside and inside.
- Wipe window frames and shutters.
- To avoid disassembling your windows, vacuum your window screens.
2) Refresh Porch Plants
It is easy to find flowers and container plants for sale in the springtime. Include a potted plant to liven up your outdoor space. Also, consider:
- Retiring your scraggly porch plants that may have taken a winter beating.
- Bringing houseplants outside once the low temperatures are above 50°F.
- Displaying fresh-cut flowers by your front door.
- Hanging a trailing plant above eye level to add height.
- Storing a watering can on the porch for functionality and as seasonal decor.
3) Bring on Outdoor Seating
Make your porch feel more welcoming with seating.
- A rocking chair gives your porch a classic feel.
- A stool or tall bar chair is suitable for smaller porches.
- For added comfort, outdoor cushions can withstand the elements.
- Consider natural materials like wood or rattan for a cohesive theme.
- A swing or chair hammock gives your porch a bohemian vibe.
4) Consider a Coat of Paint
To refresh your front porch, research a new color for your front door or railings.
- Draw attention to your home with a classic red door.
- Make your porch look clean with calm pastels.
- If you’re planning exterior remodeling, a new front door can make a statement.
- Look beyond the front door and think about your home’s exterior paint color.
- The color of a home impacts its curb appeal and resell value.
5) Extend the Evening Light
Keep your porch looking flawless even after dusk by incorporating lighting.
- Install programmable lights to welcome you home.
- Line your front path with solar lights.
- Drape string lights under your porch.
- Install landscape lighting in garden beds or around trees.
- Lighted candles in the window can unify your porch theme.
6) Home Facelift
Windows can change the entire look of your home.
- Improve your curb appeal by investing in new windows.
- Energy-efficient windows protect your home from drafts and heat loss.
- High-performance or impact windows can help keep your family safe.
- Double-hung windows pay for themselves by increasing your property value.
- New windows can help you save on utilities and make your home look beautiful.
7) Mindful Decor
Details can unify your porch decorations and refresh your space for spring.
- Choose a wreath or garland to accompany your color theme and style.
- Stay on top of the changing seasons to avoid a neglected-looking porch.
- Trade out wilted flowers for fresh botanicals.
- Swap out your winter welcome mat for a lighter spring-oriented option.
- Keep it simple–too many thematic elements can make a porch look cluttered.
8) Wake Up Your Front Garden
Spring is the time of year for new growth. Tie your garden into your porch design to set an organized, thoughtful scene.
- Line your house with hedges or flowers to draw attention to your refreshed porch.
- Hang window boxes under your sills to highlight a new window installation.
- Spread fresh mulch in your flowerbeds for an instant garden lift.
- Cut back overhanging tree branches to open up space around your porch.
- Plant colorful annual flowers in your garden beds to celebrate the season.
9) Consider Curb Appeal
Any effort you put into cleaning and refreshing your porch will boost your curb appeal.
- A fresh coat of paint can make your house feel more inviting.
- A seasonal doormat is a detail that can tie a theme together.
- A new window installation can make your home look flawless.
- Well-designed exterior remodeling can increase your curb appeal.
- Investing in your home’s exterior can increase its resell value.
- Exterior Upgrades with Window World TX.
Taking care of your home’s exterior impacts its curb appeal. Maintain your home’s resell value by refreshing your porch seasonally. And when it’s time to upgrade, trust the professionals.